I’ve extended the Spring 2017 Mini Magazine Submission! I’ll be going out of town for the coming week and wanted to give everyone a little extra time to send in their articles, photographs, and artwork. All submissions and ad requests are now due on Wednesday, March 8th, 2017. Follow the guidelines below. Then submit your writing and artwork to email@example.com.
All submissions must include your name, age, and state/country. Writing, illustrations, and photography must be appropriate for children 12 years of age and younger. Writers, illustrators, and photographers under the age of 18 must have guardian permission to submit their creations.
Current Themes & Topics
These themes are in no particular order and are not required for your submissions.
Pollen Upsides and Downsides
Outdoor Gear in the Spring
Submissions We Accept
All written submissions must be at least 100 words (with the exception of poems) and no more than 1,000 words.
- Fiction Short Stories – write a story about the life of a woodpecker or the journey of a raindrop.
- Nonfiction Articles – may include photographs with article
- Expedition Articles – recount your latest mountain hike, canoeing excursion, or visit to a State Park.
- Nature Science Articles – report wildlife species finds in your backyard, your successful wildlife habitat project, or results from your rock crystal experiment.
- How-To Articles – instruct us on how to make a bird feeder, bat house, cartography kit, and other fun nature things!
- Reviews – did you get a new pair of hiking boots or a field guide? Write a review about it. Reviews should include the product and brand, where you got it (gift, Target, etcetera,) your experience in using that product, and a rating: 1 being the worst, 5 being the best.
- Poems – construct a nature inspired poem with us that is at least 10 words in length
- Illustrations and Photography – your wildlife inspired art and photographs can be digitally created or handmade, scanned, and emailed to us. We do not accept mailed submissions at this time.
Important Notes for Submissions
- The Pinecone Grove Expedition Outfitter only accepts writings, pictures, art, etcetera appropriate for children 12 years of age and younger.
- Written submissions should be in .doc or .rtf attachments or plain text within your email.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Submissions must be entirely original work of the person submitting it and not previously published.
- We accept group submissions from homeschoolers, teachers, clubs, etc…
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, age, and state (or country, if you live outside the United States,) with your submission.
If your creation is accepted for publication in the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine, please allow us two weeks to respond. We only respond to pieces that have been accepted. If you do not hear from us, don’t give up! Take a look at our upcoming themes and work on something new, or try sending your submissions to other children’s magazines as well.
& Sponsored Pages
Earth conscious and kid-friendly brands are invited to sponsor a page or submit an AD in the Pinecone Grove mini-magazine for kids. Send inquiries to email@example.com.
1/2 Page Advertisement $0.50
1 Page Advertisement $1
2 Page Spread Advertisement $2
“This page is sponsored by…” $Donation
Having trouble with the email link? Message Ashley Here.