Write A Guest Post for The Pinecone Grove
Are you interested in writing a guest post for The Pinecone Grove blog?
Then you have come to the right place!
Below you will find the requirements and guidelines for all guest posts.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
The Pinecone Grove is an activity based publication that focuses on kid-friendly nature topics in the fields of botany, zoology, geology, and astronomy. Articles with The Pinecone Grove are geared toward parents needing wildlife adventure tips for their homeschoolers. My goal is to create a community where parents & kids can connect with other nature oriented families.
Who Can Write for The Pinecone Grove?
- Homeschoolers (with guardian permission)
- Park Rangers
- Other Nature Science Specialists
First, you’ll need to decide what kid of guest post you’d like to publish with The Pinecone Grove.
- Fiction Nature Short Stories – write a story about the life of a woodpecker or the journey of a raindrop.
- Nonfiction Wildlife Articles – may include photographs with article.
- Expedition Articles – recount your latest mountain hike, canoeing excursion, or visit to a State Park.
- Nature Science Articles – report wildlife species finds in your backyard, your successful wildlife habitat project, or results from your rock crystal experiment.
- How-To Articles – instruct us on how to make a bird feeder, bat house, cartography kit, and other fun nature things!
- Reviews – did you get a new pair of hiking boots or a field guide? Write a review about it. Reviews should include the product and brand, where you got it (gift, Target, etcetera,) your experience in using that product, and a rating: 1 being the worst, 5 being the best.
- Poems – construct a nature inspired poem with us that is at least 10 words in length to be featured in a creative quarterly publication.
- Illustrations and Photography – your wildlife inspired art and photographs can be digitally created or handmade, scanned, and emailed to us to be featured in a creative quarterly publication. We do not accept mailed submissions at this time.
- Kid-Friendly Brands – I love to support small business owners. Write an article or send me a pitch for approval on something parents or kids would love to learn about. Include a small feature on your brand or a related product so my readers can connect with you and your brand.
Now that you have decided on the type of post, you’ll need to follow these guidelines when writing your article. Note: the “article guidelines” listed below do not apply to poems, illustrations, or photography submissions.
- Post Length: Your article must be 500 – 2,000 words in length.
- Image Requirements: 1 Feature Image (1600px width x 1101px height) & 1 or more Content Images (262px width x 325px height or 800px width x 800px height). Be sure to cite image sources (Photographer/Illustrator/Designer/Etc. & URL). If you are using your own images include your info with the images.
- Links: 1-2 Topic Relevant Links & 1-2 links to your Blog, Shop, or Social media account where readers can follow you. Place links in brackets after the intended linking text.
- Style: Snippet Introduction (125-160 characters), Main Introduction (1 Paragraph), 1 or more Headings, 2 or more Subheadings, Conclusion (1 paragraph), & a Call-to-Action (leave a comment, read a related post, download a free relevant product, subscribe to something, donate to a cause, etcetera).
How to Contact Me with Your Guest Post
Third, you can submit your guest post. Please send your email to me: ashley[at]thepineconegrove[dot]com. Start the Subject line with GUEST POST and your topic or pitch.
- Briefly tell me who you are.
- State the title of your proposed article.
- Tell me how Pinecone Grove readers will benefit from your post.
- Paste your article or share an outline of your pitch.
- Sign with: “Pinecones Grow On Trees, [Your Name]” so I’ll know you read the guidelines 😉
The Process of Publishing Your Guest Post
Finally, after I review your article or pitch I will get back to you within 24 hours. If your article is accepted I may recommend some changes – after all I want your post to be successful too. For greater clarity, grammar, punctuation, style, etcetera, I may edit you post. Once we have both confirmed the article is ready, I will schedule it’s publication and notify you when it has been published.
Content posted on The Pinecone Grove blog may be further published in my quarterly magazine. Learn more about The Pinecone Grove’s Digital Magazine.
Note: I retain the copyright of all material published on The Pinecone Grove. A guest poster cannot republish their guest post elsewhere; it must remain unique to The Pinecone Grove.